History Graduate Student Association
The History Graduate Student Association
coordinates book sales and provides camaraderie and intellectual
community to history graduate students and the larger UGA community.
Universal associations for all graduate students campus wide include the
Student Association and the UGA Graduate and
- Ph.D. Representative and President: Katie Fialka
- M.A. Rep & Book Sale Coordinator: Monica Blair
- PDW Coordinator: Laura Briscoe
- Student Speaker Series Coordinator: Andrew Fialka
- Secretary-Treasurer: Brandon Munda
Activities of the HGSA have included the following:
Annual Graduate Student Lecture Series
- 2010 - Dr. Michael Fellman, Simon Fraser University, Professor of History and Liberal Studies, "John Brown:Terrorism in a Slave Society"
- 2008 – Dr. Tera W. Hunter, Princeton University, Professor of History and African American Studies, "'Until Death or Distance Do You Part': Marriage and Slavery in the Nineteenth Century"
- 2007 – Dr. Glenda Elizabeth Gilmore, Yale University, Peter V. and C. Vann Woodward Professor of History, "Guts, Greyhounds, and Gandhi: Pauli Murray's Civil Rights Movement"